Hosting a fundraiser, grand opening event, or sales event is a big undertaking. Depending on the type of event, you may have to work with sponsors, vendors, and caterers and if you want to make it fun for kids and adults alike, renting items like bounce houses, obstacle courses or even cash machines is worthwhile. However, no event like this will be a success if the community doesn’t get involved. One of the best ways to market your event to attract attendees is social media, especially Facebook. Here are five great tips that will help you connect with the community at large using this social media giant.
- Use a Professional Page – It’s easy to create a “professional” Facebook page. This is much preferable to using your own Facebook page or creating a personal page to market your event. Click the dropdown menu in the upper right hand corner of your Facebook screen (if possible on a computer as it’s easier than creating on mobile) to get started. You will have options available to you that a personal page does not. After your page is launched, interested individuals can “like” this page and stay up to date with the latest information about the event.
- Make an Open Event – Mark your big day as an event on Facebook and make it an “open event”. You can start out by inviting your own friends and family, if you want. Encourage these people to invite others. This will help you spread the word quickly. Those who are invited will receive a notification as the date approaches.
- Create a Hashtag – Anyone can create a hashtag. All you have to do is start using it on Facebook. A hashtag makes it easy to find event-centric posts and others will likely follow suit and begin using it too. Try to keep the tag simple such as #XYZCarnival or #ABCCommunityFair. End every Facebook post with your tag so it will catch on in the online community.
- Consider Facebook Ads – This may not be a strategy that works for every organization—because there is a cost. However, compared to other online advertising, Facebook ads are quite affordable. Look into creating sponsored posts that bring targeted Facebook users to your page—and attract them to your event.
- Post Regularly and Encourage Shares – Create interesting, useful content on your Facebook page that encourages your fans to share with friends and family. This is the easiest way to get more followers and bring more people to your event! Don’t forget to mention the date and time of the big day in every post.
As you can see, Facebook is a great way to let people know about the event you have planned. Don’t forget about bringing in drive-by traffic by using inflatables and balloons too!